Buy now price is for e-learning only, scroll down for full price.
Buy the e-learning now, complete the home study during lockdown then join us for the in water component anytime before the end of July 2021.
SDI DRY SUIT DIVER
The SDI Dry Suit Diver Course will open up a whole new world of diving to you. Many of the diving environments around the world are better experienced in a dry suit. Why? These areas have an abundance of marine life waiting to be seen and photographed – they just happen to be a little colder! Dry suits are also used in tropical water during the cooler months.This course allows the student to develop the knowledge and skills to properly use a dry suit. It will discuss the types of dry suits, accessories, maintenance and how to make basic repairs.
Who this course is for:
The certified diver looking for advanced training in dry suit equipment, selection and diving techniques. This diver can extend their diving season, spend more time diving in cooler environments and/or enjoy enhancing their dive experience by staying warm and cozy in a dry suit.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 12 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Dry Suit Diver course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- Types of dry suits
- Shell style
- Crushed neoprene
- Types of seals
- Self don
- Rear entry
- Zipper guard: protect waterproof zipper from chaffing
- Warm neck collar
- Dive wear insulation (often times called undergarments)
- Cut to be close to the skin
- Compression resistant
- Dry suit valves
- Inflator and deflator considerations
- Buoyancy control
- Maintenance and care
- Zipper care
- Minor repairs
- Dry suit emergencies
The required skills you will have to demonstrate include all of the following and more:
- Planning a dive
- Proper donning of a dry suit
- Review functions of the dry suit
- Buoyancy check and proper weighting
- Practice dry suit skills
- Inflate and deflate dry suit
- Roll out from an inverted position
- Buoyancy skills such as hovering in a fixed position
- Emergency procedures for dry suit malfunction
- Safety stop
- Ascend and exit
- Log dive
What’s in it for you?
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in dry suit diving activities without direct supervision of the SDI Instructor* so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
*Note: Divers under the age of 18 must participate in underwater navigation diving activities with a parent, guardian, or dive professional.
The SDI Dry Suit Diver certification counts towards a single specialty rating to complete the SDI Advanced Diver Development program or SDI Master Scuba Diver Development program.
SDI Dry Suit Diver minimum requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the SDI Dry Suit Diver Knowledge Quests with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
Course includes two shore dives. Course cost excludes equipment rental, our rental prices can be found at https://www.extremewatersport.com.au/equipment-rental
Normal full course cost is $299, however if you buy the elearning during July 2020 you save $69!
Balance to pay for inwater training is only $160*
*Balance due at time of booking date for in water training.
Best price guarantee: If we advertise the in water training at a lower rate any time prior to the end of june 2021 and prior to you completing the course, you can purchase the in water training at the lesser rate...