Buy now price is for e-learning only, scroll down for full price.
Buy the e-learning now, complete the home study during lockdown then join us for the in water component anytime before the end of July 2021.
SDI SCUBA DISCOVERY PROGRAM
For those who want to test the waters and try scuba, this is the course for you! The SDI Scuba Discovery Program gives you a glimpse of what you can expect to experience in the underwater world as well as what you could expect to learn in the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course. During this experience program, you will go through the basic safety procedures for enjoyable scuba diving under the watchful eye of an active SDI Instructor.
You will learn skills such as equalizing your ears, buddy checks, basic buoyancy control, underwater communication, and more. You will also be given an introduction to basic scuba equipment followed by an underwater tour in the local pool or aquatic environment.
Who this course is for:
- Those who would like to experience the underwater world
- Those who would like an introductory course to scuba diving prior to enrolling in the Open Water Scuba Diver course
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
- Demonstrate adequate swimming skills and in-water comfort
What you can expect to learn:
During this program, the following topics will be covered… and more!
- Basic overview of physics/physiology and how it relates to diving
- Equalization techniques
- The aquatic environment
- Marine environment
- Marine life expected to encounter at the dive site
- Scuba equipment assembly
- Underwater communications
- Taking the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course
Some of the in-water skills you will perform include:
- Predive check
- Weight removal at the surface
- Ear clearing and equalization
- Buoyancy compensator device (BCD) use
- Manual inflation
- Oral inflation
- Buoyancy control
- Controlled ascents and descents
- Regulator use
- Breathing, clearing, and recovery
- Mask clearing
- Underwater swimming: proper use of fins
- Computer use
- Use of gauges
- Underwater communications
If you enjoy this experience then the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course is your next step!
What’s in it for you?
- Introduction to dive planning, equipment setup and donning, skills and knowledge to complete dives
- Unique underwater experience under the watch of an active SDI Instructor
SDI Scuba Discovery program minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
Course includes one shore based SCUBA Diving sesion . inwater course cost includes full equipment rental.
Normal full course cost is $249, however if you buy the elearning during July 2020 you save $120!
Balance to pay for inwater training is only $99*
*Balance due at time of booking date for in water training.
Best price guarantee: If we advertise the in water training at a lower rate any time prior to the end of june 2021 and prior to you completing the course, you can purchase the in water training at the lesser rate...