Our response to COVID19
Updated 3rd April 2020
In the course of just a few weeks the world has changed., Since early March we have been continuously adapting to ensure our services are as safe as possible for our guests, staff and community during this challenging time. We have also been working behind the scenes to ensure our business remains viable during uncertain times.
What we have done so far...
1. We have installed signage at the door, to remind customers to maintain social distancing, not to enter if they are unwell and to advice our store capacity.
2. We have calculated that our retail area can accommodate 20 people we have halved it and kept our capacity down to 10.
3. We have installed directional markers on the floor to indicate safe social distances (1.5m)
4. If you are waiting on an air fill, perhaps go for a walk outside?
5. All touch points are regularly cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant.
6. A sanitation station has been set up including gloves and wipes, at this stage we can't get hand sanitiser anywhere, but as soon as we can we will have that too.
7. We have reconfigured our counter to create a safer working distance
8. We have installed self service Eftpos
9. We have shutdown public access to all back of house areas, including, toilets, showers, kitchen, classroom, wash down and fill station. (toilets will be available on request), this move has been made to ensure these areas remain completely sanitised as such our side entry roller door access is not available at this time.
10. We have removed all customer seating from the store
11. We have doubled the disinfection process on all rental equipment. All equipment is sanitised with steramine prior to release.
12. We have removed all sunglasses from our range
13. We have sanitised all dive masks and covered them in plastic, you will need to ask for assistance when trying on masks and they will all be sanitised after they have been touched.
14. All wet suits etc will be sanitised after they have been tried on.
15. We have cancelled all courses, guided dives and tours indefinitely
16. We have moved to an OPEN by appointment only system. Although we will also open from 9:00AM-4:00PM as normal on Saturdays and Sundays , although appointments are requested at this time aswell.
What we are working on...
We are continously monitoring the situation and will continue to adapt to the best practice safety advice and the markets needs as things evolve.
We are in this for the long haul, we are aware the current situation may last months...
We have been working behind the scenes to ensure our future. Over the coming weeks you will see us release a heap of home study programs you can do now so when this is all over you are ready for your next adventure or course! We are also hoping to conduct some workshops and webinars to help you kill the boredom over the coming weeks.
We are are a bricks and mortar store, we provide strong face to face service, but we are not set up for online sales, this will change and we will find new ways to deliver our services and products to you. In the meantime call or email us and we would be pleased to ship anything you need to your door at the best possible price.
So what now?
Finally although this message is detrimental to our business we are asking that you follow Government advice and "stay at home". We are here for you if you need us, but lets do the right thing for now and we will all be able get together soon and get back to the water sports we all love!
We believe new restrictions will be imposed on our ability to trade in the coming days or weeks, we have plans in place to ensure that we are able to service our customers as best as possible depending on what these restrictions may entail. Thank you to everyone for your huge support over the last week, the coming months will be tough on us all, but we can get through this together (allbeit from a safe social distance).